Angry Words develops and publishes social games. In this policy, ' Angry Words' refers to Angry Words Inc. and its Affiliates, which shall mean subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures and other corporate entities under common ownership. We may also refer to Angry Words as 'We' or 'Us'.
- the information we collect, how we do so and the purposes of our collection
- how we use and with whom we share such information
- how you can access and update such information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information
- how we protect the information we store about you
2- Information We Collect
Information about You Received from an SNS
When you use Angry Words game at an SNS such as Facebook or MySpace, where our games are also referred to as “applications”, you allow Angry Words to access certain information from your profile for that site. The information you allow Angry Words to access varies by game and SNS platform, and it is affected by the privacy settings you establish at the SNS. You can control and find out more about these settings at the SNS where you play our games. For example, Angry Words may access and store some or all of the following information, as allowed by you, the SNS and your preferences:
- your first and last name
- your profile picture or its URL
- your user ID number, which is linked to publically available information such as name and profile photo
- the user ID numbers for your friends that are also connected to our game(s)
- the login e-mail you provided to that SNS when you registered
- your physical location and that of your access devices
- your gender
- your birthday
Information We Collect from You Directly
When you interact with Angry Words directly, either through a Angry Words game (whether or not on an SNS), at www.AngryWords.com, or any Angry Words-owned website, we may collect and store information from you directly as described below:
When you register with us directly, you will be required to provide at least the following information:
- your age or birthday (for age screening and/or to better understand who our users are)
- your first and last names
- your e-mail address (which must be a valid e-mail address)
- a password and other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account
We may also offer you the option to complete a user profile that is visible to other Angry Words users. Your user profile may include:
- a profile photo
- one or more game username(s)
- your gender
- your interests and hobbies
- your occupation
- biographic details that you provide
- links to your profiles on various SNS
- details about the games you play
- a Angry Words user ID number, created by Angry Words and used to identify your profile
The Angry Words user ID number used to identify your account and profile will be public and will appear in the URL of your profile page, but will only permit access to information that is considered public or that you have designated as public in your settings.
Your first and last names and profile picture are considered 'public' on Angry Words websites that offer direct access to Angry Words games and search engines may index this publicly available information. When we offer profiles, we will also offer functionality that allows you to opt-out of public indexing of your public profile information.
We will also offer you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter email addresses so that you can (i) locate your contacts on Angry Words; and (ii) invite those contacts to join you in our games. We will store those contacts for purposes of helping you and your contacts make connections on our site. If you do not want your contacts stored just follow the instructions available at the 'Learn More' link. Passwords provided to Angry Words for the purpose of accessing your address book will not be stored.
Information We Receive or Collect When You Access Angry Words Games on a Mobile Device
If you play Angry Words games on your mobile telephone or other mobile device, we collect your unique device identifier and may collect your telephone number, country, and other information you choose to provide, such as user name, character name, location or e-mail address (i.e., to receive updates about the game).
If you purchase in-game virtual currency or goods from Angry Words, we will collect the billing and financial information necessary to process your charges, including your postal and e-mail addresses, depending on your payment method. Angry Words may also receive the billing and payment information that you provide when you purchase Angry Words virtual goods or currency via a mobile device, such as an iPhone. We use and store this data in the same manner as billing and payment data collected from non-mobile visitors to our games. Our Terms of Service explain our policies and terms relevant to our charges and billing practices. Please note that purchases of Facebook Credits are subject to Facebook policies.
Customer Support Correspondence
When you ask for assistance from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you provide (generally your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on the Service, and your user ID number. We will also store the correspondence and any information contained within.
Sweepstakes, Promotions and Loyalty Programs
We receive and store the information you provide, such as a user ID number or valid e-mail address or street address, when you enter any Angry Words game promotion, sweepstakes or loyalty program. Promotions which offer prizes (for example, other than virtual currency or virtual goods) will have separate requirements for eligibility and other rules, which you can easily locate and should review before deciding whether to participate.
Technical and Usage Information
When you access our websites or play our games, we collect (i) certain technical information about your computer system and (ii) usage statistics about your interactions with our websites and games. This information is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information including cookies. Some of the cookies the Service places on your computer are linked to your user ID number(s). For more information on how we utilize cookies and other tracking technologies please review the 'Cookies and Automated Information Collection' portion of Section 3 ('How We Collect Information about You').
3- How We Collect Information about You
- We may collect information about you in any one or more of the following ways:
Information about Players and Play
When you play one of our games, Angry Words collects and stores certain profile information that you provide directly or through the SNS or other third party website that is offering our game(s). To provide a richer game play and social experience, we also collect information about your play and interaction with other players and the Service. The bulk of this information is collected and stored through the use of web logs, which are files on our web servers that record actions taken on our games and websites.
You may be able to take part in certain activities on our websites or games that give you the opportunity to communicate or share information not just with Angry Words, but also with other users of our Service. These include:
- participating in player forums and message boards
- posting public comments to other users' profiles or gameboards
- sending private messages or invitations to other users, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts
- chat with other users
- posting photos
We may record and store archives of these communications on Angry Words's servers to protect the safety and well being of our users and Angry Words's rights and property in connection with the service You acknowledge and consent to the recording and storage of such communications for these purposes.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
When you access our websites or play our games, we collect certain technical information in order to (i) analyze the usage of our sites and services which allows us to improve the service, (ii) provide a more personalized experience and (iii) manage advertising. We and service providers acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics, use server log files and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information, including cookies, IP addresses, browser types, browser language, referring and exit pages, and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games, and other similar information. In some cases, we will associate this information with your user ID number for our internal use.
We may also employ other technologies including (i) web beacons, which allow us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened; (ii) tracking pixels, which allow us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation; (iii) local shared objects also known as flash cookies, which help us to prevent fraud, remember your in-game settings for features like music and to track your progress on certain in-game tasks.
We may collect or receive information from other sources including (i) other Angry Words users who choose to upload their email contacts, and (ii) third party information providers. This information will be used to supplement your profile - primarily to help you and your friends connect. It will be combined with other information we collect.
4- How We Use the Information We Collect
- In general, we collect, store and use your information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. For example, we may use information collected from you in any one or more of the following ways:
- to register your Angry Words account and allow play of our games
- to administer games and improve game play
- to identify and suggest connections with other Angry Words users
- to enable user-to-user communications
- to provide technical support and respond to user inquiries
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service
- to notify users of in-game updates
- to provide in-game leader boards and promote in-game player achievements
- to communicate about new and current games
- to solicit input and feedback to improve Angry Words products and services and customize your user experience
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- to analyze trends and user traffic and gather statistical information
- to inform users about new products or promotional offers
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Angry Words, we'll use it to respond to (i) customer support inquiries, and (ii) keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, notifications about in-game status. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages ('Promotional Communications') directly or in partnership with parties other than Angry Words.
You always have the choice to stop receiving Promotional Communications. When you receive Promotional Communications from us you will have the opportunity to 'opt out' by (i) following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the Promotional Communication you receive or (ii) by editing your preferences. Please note that despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may still send you administrative messages regarding Angry Words games, including, for example, administrative confirmations, and notices of updates to our Policies. For more information on your messaging options see 'Your Sharing and Messaging Options' below.
5- Sharing of Your Information
- We will share your information (in some cases personal information) with third parties, that is parties other than Angry Words, in the following circumstances:
Third Party Service Providers
We will provide your information to third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to assist us in our marketing efforts. We direct all such third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed to them and to not use your information for any purpose other than to provide services on Angry Words's behalf.
Friends and Other Angry Words Players
Other players will be able to see your game name or pseudonym and a game profile. Your game profile may include your profile photo, which in certain cases can reveal your User ID number. Access to this information may allow others to view the public information associated with your related SNS account.
Advertising of Third-Party Products and Services
We do not actively share personal information with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent. If we wish to share in this fashion, we will ask for your consent. Advertisers, however, may obtain public information about you from your profile or other public sources.
We may use and share with third parties certain technical information (including IP addresses) or aggregated information to show general demographic and preference information among Angry Words users. We may also allow advertisers to collect technical or aggregated information, which they may share with us, with tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. The information collected may be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your user experience by ensuring that advertisements for products and services you see will appeal to you, a practice known as behavioral advertising, and to undertake web analytics (i.e. to analyze traffic and other end user activity to improve your experience).
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of your private online communications, may be accessed and disclosed (i) in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena); (ii) when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process; (iii) in other circumstances in which Angry Words believes the Angry Words games or web sites are being used in the commission of a crime (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); (iv) when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; and (v) when necessary either to protect the rights or property of Angry Words including to enforce our Terms of Service, or for us to render the service you have requested.
Sale or Merger
In the event that Angry Words undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organization in such transition. If material changes to Angry Words's privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, we will notify you and other users (in the manner described in Section 12) of the business transition prior to transferring your personal information.
6- Our Policies Concerning Children
- Our websites and games are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such children. Children under the age of 13 should not use our websites or games at any time. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information from our records.
7- How to Access and Update Your Information
Information We Receive From an SNS Where You Play Our Games
- control what your friends can share about you when using applications and websites
- block and remove specific applications from accessing your information and contacting you
- ignore application invitations from specific friends
- control who can see your activity in the 'Friends' Recent Activity,' 'Friends' Applications' and 'Friends' Games' sections of the Facebook Applications and Games Dashboards.
Other Methods of Accessing and Controlling your Information
- If you no longer want Angry Words to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail, place 'Delete My Account' in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and user ID number for the SNS from which you access our games (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days. Please note that certain records, for example those pertaining to payments or customer service matters, will be retained for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent or posted content on the service, we may not be able to delete it.
- If you wish to review or change the information Angry Words has about you, e-mail us.
- You may change your e-mail preferences at any time, by visiting your e-mail preference page.
8- Your Sharing and Messaging Options
Information We Receive from Third-Party SNS Where You play a Angry Words Game
If you play our games at a third-party SNS, Angry Words will be able to access and store profile and other information about you as described above. The categories of information you share with us will depend, in part, on the privacy settings you have established at the SNS where you access the application. Many SNS allow you to control how you share information with third-party applications and websites, such as Angry Words games, through your privacy settings on each SNS. Angry Words does not control what privacy settings those sites make available to their users, so we refer you to the privacy policies that are posted on those sites to learn what options they make available to their users. Angry Words does not offer an "opt out" option for specific fields that are shared by the SNS where you access and play the game(s).
Opting out of Promotional Communications
You can choose to opt out of receiving additional promotional e-mails from Angry Words by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any such e-mail. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than 10 business days.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications. These notifications can be turned off by modifying your mobile device settings for notifications.
Note that if you opt-out of our Promotional Communications, we may still e-mail or communicate with you from time to time if we need to provide you with information or if we need to request information from you with respect to a transaction initiated by you or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
9- Privacy Policies of Linked Sites and Advertisers
- Our websites and games may contain advertisements from companies other than Angry Words with their own websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
10- Security of Your Information
Angry Words implements reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to the protection of customer information.
For user accounts registered directly with Angry Words profile information is protected by the password each member uses to access their online account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Angry Words account, the website allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. When you sign into your account or enter payment information (such as a credit card number when purchasing virtual currency), we encrypt the transmission of that information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our websites and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), and to log out of your account after use. If your SNS account is hacked, this may lead to unauthorized play of your Angry Words games, so be careful to keep your account information secure. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have procedures and security features in place to try to prevent unauthorized access.
12- Privacy Rights
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure, typically by "opting in" to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our sites. If you do ask us to share your personal information with a third party for its marketing purposes, we will only share information in connection with that specific promotion, as we do not share information with any third party (other than our service providers) on a continual basis. To prevent disclosure of your personal information for use in direct marketing by a third party, do not opt in to such use when you provide personal information on one of our sites.
Right to Access
Users in certain jurisdictions have a right to access personal information held about themselves. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. Please submit any requests for access to your personal data in writing Angry Words.
13- Contact Us