Objective of the Game
- The game is all about scoring as many points as possible by forming words in the board in a vertical or horizontal direction.
Placement of the Tiles
- The first tile placement must use the center tile space marked with a star.
- All tiles must be placed in the same line either vertical or horizontal.
- After the first tile is placed in the board all others must share a direct neighbor existing tile in the same vertical or horizontal line.
- All created words must be legal according to the dictionary.
- Each tile has a value depending on the letter, and should be counted once for each word created in the turn.
- The player can create as many words as possible, and scoring for each word will be counted separately and then all word points will be summed up.
- If the tile space has a DL (Double Letter) or TL (Triple Letter) mark, the points are duplicated or triplicated respectively but only if the letter is being put in the board for the first time.
- If the tile space has a DW (Double Word) or TW (Triple Word) mark, the points of the whole word are duplicated or triplicated respectively but again, only if the letter is being put in the board for the first time.
- If the user uses all the 7 rack tiles, he is awarded 40 extra points.
Dictionary and Language
- Angry Words can be played in multiple languages including English and Spanish.
- Players can play games in any language regardless of the language they use in their device.
- The language is decided at the start of the game and can't be changed.
- The dictionaries for each language are based on open dictionaries and are completed with words that our development team decide that make a better game.
- User can suggest more words to be added.
- The dictionaries are stored on the server and not in the device and can change with time.
- Angry Words supports the following dictionaries:
- Diccionari Informatitzat de l'Scrabble en Català by Joan Montané
End of the Game
- The game ends when one of the players uses all of his rack tiles and no remaining tiles are left on the game.
- When the game ends, an amount of points equal to the sum of the remaining tiles of the opponent is awarded to the player that placed the last tile.
- The game also ends if 3 consecutive turns occur without scoring except if neither of the players has scored yet.